A recipe that yields only Two Cupcakes, these Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Pumpkin Pie Spice Cookie Buttercream are perfect for you and your snuggle buddy.
Now that pumpkin season is in full swing, it’s time I share a pumpkin cupcake recipe for two. That way, you can have one for yourself and one to share with your snuggle buddy :) Or, enjoy both of them yourself – no judgement here.
Cupcake recipes that only yield two cupcakes like my Golden Vanilla Cupcakes with Swiss Buttercream are perfect for those I-need-a-cupcake-now moments. Assuming you’re as much of a pumpkin-flavored anything consumerist as I am, you already have everything you need in your kitchen to have fresh, homebaked pumpkin cupcakes in under an hour.
Let’s talk about the cupcakes a little bit. They’re soft and fluffy and their autumn goodness comes from pumpkin puree, Coffee Mate’s Pumpkin Spice Creamer, and pumpkin pie spice. With every bite, your senses will be just shy of overwhelmed with the taste of autumn.
Honestly, the cupcake itself is enough to satisfy any pumpkin-lover. I taste tested one after it slightly cooled and couldn’t stop saying “mmmm…” BUT what fun is a cupcake without some frosting? I recently went to Trader Joe’s and may have gotten a little carried away with my pumpkin haul. I added the pumpkin pie spice cookie butter in the frosting and ended up creating a fluffy cloud of fall goodness with tiny bits of crunchy cookies for textural interest. YUM!
Now, go whip up a batch of these babies and try to tell me I didn’t fulfill all of your pumpkin needs :)
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Pumpkin Pie Spice Cookie Buttercream
Yields 2 standard cupcakes
Printer friendly version
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
2 tablespoons salted butter, softened
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 egg white
1/8 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree*
1 tablespoon Coffee Mate’s Pumpkin Spice Creamer
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin with 2 liners in the center.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and sugar with a hand mixer.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- In a small bowl or 1-cup liquid measuring cup, whisk together the egg white, pumpkin puree, creamer and vanilla.
- Add about 1/3 of the flour mix to the butter and beat until combined. Add about 1/2 of the liquid mixture and beat until combined. Scrape down the sides as necessary and repeat with another 1/3 of the flour mix. Add the last 1/2 of the liquid mix, beat, and scrape down the sides as needed. Add the last 1/3 of the flour mixture and beat until combined. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl to ensure everything is combined.
- Fill the liners 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, until a toothpick inserted down the middle comes out clean.
- Cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Pumpkin Pie Spice Cookie Buttercream
1 tablespoon heavy cream
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 tablespoons salted butter, softened
2 tablespoons pumpkin spice cookie butter
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- In a small bowl, combine the cream and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the butters until combined with a hand mixer. Add the powdered sugar and beat until combined. Scrape down the bowl and add the cream mixture. Continue beating until smooth and fluffy.
*Not pumpkin pie mix
Frost the cooled cupcakes with the buttercream by piping or using an offset spatula.